Food for Phantom of the Opera

Molly BrownFebruary 21, 2006

I would like to have a few friends over the watch the Phantom of the Opera (believe it or not, I saw it for the first time just after Christmas on HBO and LOVE it. Watched it several times.) Anyway, we have a couple that has never seen it either and I would like to have them over to watch it. What kind of dinner could I serve that would somehow go with the Phantom theme? Maybe only appetizers and dessert that can be eaten while watching, or maybe an entire meal. Any creative Ideas to make the evening a little extra special?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
duckie

I'd definitely go with a French theme. You could have an elegant dinner - white table cloth, lots of candles, fine food, etc. Think of something these Parisians would have before going to the opera. However, I think I would prefer appetizers and desert while watching the movie. Again, go with a French theme. You could have slices of baguette and brie or other cheeses. Have some wine. And don't forget to run to the store for some fancy French-like pastries.

Since it is close to Mardi-Gras, you will likely be able to find decorated masks at a party store. Craft stores might have undecorated ones. You could use the masks just as decoration, or decorate them for an activity, or have some kind of creative mask competition.

It sounds like fun!

Bookmark   February 23, 2006 at 6:45AM
More Discussions
Gift for 80th. Birthday
We're invited to a restaurant for an 80th birthday...
suvgal
Cookout for 150 people
I am having a cookout for my son's graduation, and...
Teffanie Hughett West
Planning ahead: graduation
My oldest is graduating college in May (yeah!). His...
jewelisfabulous
A dinner party to make new friends?
Hello everyone :) I've just moved house into a new...
Babowl
Two sides to every RSVP
Deleted This post was edited by Jewel654 on Sun, Dec...
jewelisfabulous
Sponsored Products
Read the Word� Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Kid Essentials - Inspirati
$255.95 | Bellacor
Trex Benches Yacht Club Classic White 48 in. Patio Bench TXB48CW
Home Depot
Admit One� Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Any Day Matinee - Theater Area
$255.95 | Bellacor
San Diego Padres Food Storage Container Set
$13.99 | zulily
Kids Art� Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Playful Patterns - Childrens Ar
$255.95 | Bellacor
Lime Green Slotted Serving Spoon
$12.99 | zulily
Trex Chairs Monterey Bay Classic White Patio Bar Armchair TXD202CW
Home Depot
WBM Himalayan Lamps 3 in. LED USB Himalayan Ionic Crystal Salt Mini Lamp Orange
$19.97 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™