open stock flatware?

pdg777February 26, 2007

Does anyone have a source for openstock flatware? I'm specifically looking to purchase extra dessert/salad forks. thanks for any help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sudiepav

What brand? Some brands have outlet stores...Dansk, Oneida. You can also get these at replacements.com and silverqueen.com

Bookmark   February 27, 2007 at 12:12PM
pdg777

Thanks, Sudie for the sources. What I am looking to have is enough salad/dessert forks (probably 24-36) for serving when the setting is sort of buffet-style with heavy appetizers, but I don't want to use paper/plastic ware.

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 10:04AM
sudiepav

If you're not fussy about the pattern, you might check Big Lots, TJ Maxx, Homegoods, etc. I've sometimes seen flatware there in boxes of just forks, just spoons, etc. You might check my favorite source, garage sales or Salvation Army and other thrift stores. Often you can find things like that. I sold 3 dozen iced teaspoons at a g-sale once.

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 10:18AM
labmomma

You might make a trip to a restaurant supply store if you are looking to purchase a large amount of flatware for parties. Prices are much better than retail and you can buy large amounts of the same patterns.

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 1:38PM
lindac

Depends on the quality you want....I find Sterling rather inexpensivly on ebay. I have 18 Salads in my "wedding" pattern, 12 in a different pattern and 15 in a third pattern. I also can put out easily 50 dinner forks in assorted patterns. Over the years I have saved lots of $$ by not buying throw away junk....and the silver has only appreciated in value.

Here is a link that might be useful: sterling salad forks

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 2:39PM
susanjf_gw

my sister always entertained and used mixed patterns as mention...the problem is not getting stuck with that diner quality flatware (as many supply places offer)

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 2:27PM
LinLee

I bought my forks for a buffet from Target. They have a stainless
in a 6 pack for about 4.99 I believe. They also have knives & spoons of course...I just needed forks.

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 11:46AM
lindac

I just re checked my link to "inexpensive" silver forks! LOL!...Turns out they weren't very inexpensive by the end of the auction! LOL!
But trust me...there are sterling forks to be had for less than $5 each!
Linda C

Bookmark   March 14, 2007 at 3:45PM
More Discussions
Tipping a Personal Chef
I've been given a gift of having a personal chef come...
msbrandywinevalley
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
yborgal
Planning ahead: graduation
My oldest is graduating college in May (yeah!). His...
jewelisfabulous
Two sides to every RSVP
Deleted This post was edited by Jewel654 on Sun, Dec...
jewelisfabulous
Young teens and birthday parties
Anyone on here a parent of a young teen (13-14 years...
jewelisfabulous
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™