looking for large plate with depression/circle for tea cup

faithabFebruary 3, 2003

I'm having a tea for the musicians at our local orchestra. I think I've seen some plates about the size of a salad plate with an off-center well into which you put your coffee cup. Has anyone seen these? Do you know where I might find them? I tried typing "buffet plates" into a Google search but did not come up with anything, really. Saw some with a hole into which you can insert the stem of a wine glass but that won't do. Thank you for any help you can give me.



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Try looking for "dessert set"....
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: dessert set

    Bookmark   February 3, 2003 at 11:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I have seen them called luncheon sets.

    Bookmark   February 4, 2003 at 9:40PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Faith -- Bed, Bath and Beyond used to have these. They came in Fiesta-type colors (looked a lot like Fiestaware in all) and were about $7-10 per unit for plate and cup. They are sometimes called "sandwich sets" or "snack sets". They aren't as formal as the ones pictured above, but will hold a sandwich and cup of beverage or cup of soup.

Depending on how many you are looking for and when you need them, a local restaurant supply house may be able to order them for you. While it's not typical restaurant equipment, they often are made by the same companies and the supply house will have catalogues.

    Bookmark   February 5, 2003 at 5:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I rented these when I had a large buffet party. Check with a couple of party rental stores and see what they have. I remember that they were called luncheon plates.

    Bookmark   February 26, 2003 at 1:44AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I just gave about 16 sets of these to the Goodwill! They were really popular in the 50's and early 60's. The ones I had belonged to my parents who were married in 1953. I would guess you could find them easily and probably fiarly cheap on E-bay. I think the box said Hostess Sets or Snack Sets.

    Bookmark   August 15, 2003 at 1:32PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
High School Graduation Party
We are planning my DD's HS graduation party and I was...
Adult party games wanted
Anyone know of games to play at adult only parties?...
Worst visit ever
A friend and I were going out today, we live in different...
Slow cooker or Crock pot
What's the difference? And which do you think is better?...
4 letter words
We will be playing with only 4 letter words.One should...
Sponsored Products
Lucerne Collection 16" High Outdoor Wall Mount
Lamps Plus
Nesting Boxes - Set of 5
| Dot & Bo
Cheyenne Pool Table Light - H-2013/98D-BR47
$430.20 | Hayneedle
Whitehaus WHNCM2015 Stainless Steel 20 Single Undermount Kitchen Sink
$579.00 | Blue Bath
Arteriors Home - Karrington Chandelier - 89016
Great Furniture Deal
Area Rug: Coffee Bean Dark Brown 4' x 6' Silky Shag
Home Depot
Castor Design | Deadstock Jib Light
Hand-tied Pelle Off-white Leather Shag Rug (4' Round)
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™