switching between a/b speakers for kitchen/outside

michael_vOctober 24, 2009

Hi all,

I am installing speakers in kitchen and backyard, and am going to get a logitech squeezebox and small amp to play music off my computer.

Does anyone know of a small amp that I could buy that would include A/B speaker switch so I could play either kitchen or outside or both together? I've been looking at things like http://bit.ly/2Pua8Q but haven't found anything with inputs for 2 sets of speakers.

I do not need a lot of power, this will be more for background music. My stereo receiver has A/B switch (in another part of house) but I'd like something smaller for a kitchen cabinet.

thanks for any tips!

- Michael

Here is a link that might be useful: Example of Pyle mini amp (but for only 2 speakers)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I did find this article talking about a $20 a/b switch box from radio shack (to play one area at a time), or it suggests getting a higher end dual zone receiver, but I'm hoping to find something in between.


Here is a link that might be useful: Multimedia Answers: Speaker selector can solve two-room challenge

    Bookmark   October 25, 2009 at 10:55AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™