component or composite to VGA converter

w0lley32October 17, 2011

Hi! I just replaced my computer, but the monitor still works beautifully (LG Flatron), even though it only has a VGA input and is not HD compatible.

I would like to know if there is a way to use either output from a TV tuner box and convert it to VGA signals for the computer monitor. I searched the Net for it and found several boxes to do the opposite of what I'm looking for.

Does anybody know if such a converter exists, or if not, is it possible to put one together from stock parts and a few cables, even if soldering and building a simple circuit board is involved? I work in the electromechanics industry but not with audio/video equipment. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think this is what you're looking for...

Here is a link that might be useful: RCA to VGA

    Bookmark   October 18, 2011 at 8:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I was looking for!

    Bookmark   October 18, 2011 at 4:15PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™