Palm Treo

charlie2003October 22, 2006

Hi!

I'm considering buying a Palm Treo.

I just wanted to ask if anybody else has this, how you like it, is it easy to figure out?

Also, I currently have a Palm Tungsten E. Is it possible to transfer my information from the Tungsten E to the Treo?

I understand the Treo has web/email options. How does this work exactly? Is it a separate subscription apart from the monthly mobile plan? I.e. a separate internet plan? Or is it part of the mobile minutes plan?

Never had a phone with email options so am slightly clueless about this.

Thanks in advance,

charlie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

I don't have one, but, at it's heart, it's a Palm. It will be as easy to use as your Tungsten. As for transferring data, you should be able to just sync your Tungsten E with your computer, unplug the Tungsten E, plug in the Treo, and sync your info to the Treo. Easy-peasy.

As for how the email works, you have a couple of options. One is to use email from whoever provides you your email on your computer. Another is to start using another service (like Yahoo!) for Web-based email. Pricing for all this is up to the phone provider. I know Verizon will not let you buy a Treo without buying a data plan. I don't know how other carriers handle it.

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 8:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charlie2003

Hi again, Steve o!

It seems as though you have the answers to all my techie-related queries. :)

I have Verizon. That's what I was wondering about- the 'data plan'. I imagine that is something separate than the regular phone plan. Sounds like I have to visit a Verizon store to sort out the clinks.

Loads of thanks again for all of your help.

Cheerio,

charlie

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 6:38PM
More Discussions
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™