Signal Booster for cable TV?

blakeasOctober 27, 2007

My bonus room above the garage is at the far end of the house. When I hook a TV into the cable outlet I get a very weak picture. After sorting through the cables in the attic it looks like it has been split along with being such a long run. Is their such a thing like a cable signal booster? any suggestions on boosting the cable signal?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klaa2

It could be a problem if you have digital cable with an addressable box. Some boosters prevent the two-way communication necessary for the box to function properly. Additionally, they can cause problems for other people in your neighborhood.

Contact the cable company, hopefully they will send a tech to your house, free of charge, to check the decibel loss at the end of that run. Some cable companies offer a boost, for an additional charge, to increase the signal strength to your house. This can help both cable TV and broadband internet connections.

Bookmark   October 27, 2007 at 11:29PM
blakeas

I have a motorola cable box from comcast - How do I know if it a booster will work with it?

Bookmark   October 28, 2007 at 2:16PM
jehiatt

Radio shack has a signal amplifier. Install it at the input end of the line going to the far side.

Bookmark   January 22, 2008 at 6:19PM
netlos

Call the cable company first,you should not be using boosters or signal amps,it is usually free of charge they can boost the signal from the pole(if the problem is on there end,which is usually the case),With an amp/booster you are asking for trouble.

Bookmark   January 27, 2008 at 8:01PM
More Discussions
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant1
Need a new Tv, thoughts on led/plasma
Im in the market to get a new tv. I have always preferred...
aellis722
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™