philips 60 inch projection tv 60pp202-17f has black screen

bae2814October 23, 2011

I have a philips 60 inch projection tv model number 60pp9202-17f that has no picture. If I have the cable box connected, I have sound through the speakers when rca jacks are plugged in. Does anyone have information on this problem? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

Burned out bulb?

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 3:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

The first thing you have to do is determine whether this is an external problem, i.e. the cable box, or an internal problem with the television.

Does the television display any video such as the OSD (on-screen display) or menu?

If it does, it may just be connection problems.

If it doesn't, the bad news is that set has a history of failure in the convergence circuit - the electronics that align the three CRTs into one picture. Also, failure of the high voltage flyback transformer. Then this is all followed up by the problem that the liquid coolant used on the face of the CRTs clouds up and greatly reduces picture quality. Of course, CRTs slowly age and become weaker anyway.

Lots of expensive problems. So for a television that was originally released in 2001/2002, I'd have a difficult time recommending any repair if it proves to be internal to the television.

But please do follow up regarding the question if you have any OSD/menu display.

Bookmark   October 25, 2011 at 6:24PM
More Discussions
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
previous post about 50ML8105D
My previous post about my Magnavox/Phillips 50"...
tribefan53
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™