New here

mid_penJuly 24, 2006

Hello. I'm new to the site and I wanted to introduce myself. I have about 100 pounds to lose. I've gained and lost so much over the past years that I've about given up. But I hope someone here will be a weightloss buddy and help me get back the motivation I need to get healthy again. Is there anyone here who has that much to lose and would like to have a buddy and be one?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wildchild

Hi Mid Pen,
Welcome. Where in CA are you? What program if any are you planning to use? You can find me on the WW threads but I use a very modified plan that works for me instead of points or CORE. I'm a yo-yo dieter also. I tend to gain whenever I have to caregive or stay home a lot. Don't have as much as you to lose but I did lose 70 lbs. years ago and kept most of it off for periods of time.

Bookmark   July 25, 2006 at 3:14AM
elphaba_gw

Hi mid_pen --

I'm not really new. I've been lurking a long time. But given my recent success, I thought I'd come out of the closet so to speak and announce that I've lost 3 1/2 pounds over the last 10 days on a "raw food" diet.

I also have 100 pounds to lose or after my initial 3 1/2 pound loss, I only have 97 more to go!

Don't think we need to be on the same diet. I realize that most people will think the "raw food" diet is a little far out. But I'd be glad to post here weekly about how my diet is going and would be interested to see how you are doing. I know what it's like to have so much weight to lose and to feel very very unmotivated about counting calories, etc.

Let me know how you're doing.
Take care.

Bookmark   July 26, 2006 at 7:59PM
mid_pen

Thank you. I'd love to be able to post here about pounds lost. And I agree, the method isn't as important as the weight loss. I'll be checking in after the weekend, as I'm going on vacation. Heaven knows how much I'll have gained by then!

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 12:52AM
More Discussions
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
Weekly Support Oct 6 - 12
Good morning Everyone! Welcome to another week of "let's...
mcpeg
Weekly Support 13 - 19 Oct
Hi Everyone, I've been MIA after this weekend. Yesterday...
mcpeg
Ideal protien diet
Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that tried...
sandi
Dieting Weekly Support 3 - 9 Nov
Hi Everyone, How are you doing this week so far? I...
mcpeg
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™