Home Alarm System?

cooktop7October 14, 2007

Hello,

Has anyone heard of FirstLine Security systems? They are in our neighborhod offering a "free" alarm system in exchange for advertising their system via a sign on our lawn. We want to make sure they are legit.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

I for one would be very cautious of receiving anything for free. I'm sure there are likely strings attached.

Is the system equipment free?
What is included in the 'free' system? Will there likely be many 'extras' you will probably want/need?
Is the installation free?
Is it warranted? If so, for how long?
If the system requires an on site check and repair, what are the costs for parts and the service call while under warranty? When it is out of warranty?
How long must you contract to use their service?
How much is it per month?

B4 allowing anyone to install any equipment, I would check the cost of similar systems for all of the above items.

Check them and others out really well b4 making any kind of a decision. If not, you may be paying for something you are not pleased with for a very long time. Don't be pressured to make a quick decision...just because they happen to be there now.

I'm curious...are they offering this same free deal to others in your neighborhood? If it sounds too good to be true, chances are........ Beware!

Sue

Bookmark   October 14, 2007 at 4:25PM
More Discussions
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™