Samsung 40' lcd - model LN-S4092D

lcp213ncOctober 24, 2006

We've been trying to educate ourselves before buying a new LCD TV for the family room. We don't have room to go larger than 40" and don't want to go smaller than 32".

From what we've read/learned about performance and pricing, we're leaning towards a Samsung, Model # LN-S4092D, for about $1,600.

If anyone has had experience with this unit, feedback will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: Samsung Model LN-S4092D

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nestie

We bought a Samsung LN-S3241D (32") in early spring. We *love* it. Picture quality is awesome - can't say enough good things about it (we were back and forth between LCD and Plasma, we prefer the picture quality of the LCD screens).

Had the entire thing set up (cable, DVD, etc) in ten minutes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Samsung LN-S3241D

Bookmark   October 28, 2006 at 4:43PM
kaytee1968

I bought a 32" and two 23" Samsung tvs last November. After a year of using them I can tell you that I really love my Samsungs!
SAM LNR238W and SAM LNR328W

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 6:50PM
lcp213nc

Thanks to those of you that provided feed-back on the Samsungs. They sound like good units. But instead of going that route, we've just ordered a JVC 40" LCD (Model: LT-40FN97). It had top ratings in a couple of consumer reports we checked. And - - the price had dropped significantly recently. ItÂs also a nice all-over black look - - which I like. Plus the speakers are at the bottom of the screen - - helping to keep the width of the unit as small as possible for a 40" display.

One rating factor that mattered at lot with us was the quality of standard def. display. This model scored well in that category. (We have digital cable now. Hi-def is on order, but there's a waiting list in our area.) Of course, the actual results within our own reception environment are yet to be determined! We live in an area where there's no reception with antenna - - you have to go the cable or satellite route.

Here is a link that might be useful: JVC 40

Bookmark   November 18, 2006 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Cables and wiring? Cat6, hdmi, coaxial, ethernet?
I've been reading a lot on here about wiring our new...
tulips33
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™