Air Blower

Footbush2December 1, 2005

I have a basement and about once or twice a year it floods. A couple years ago I bought one of those big air blowers that you see in hotels and such. It's saved me BIG TIME! Since I have actually bought one more that's a little better (it has a handle, okay I'm lazy...)

I used to have to rip up the carpet, dry it all out, paying some guy to come over with one of those big blowers. Now I just hurry and get the air mover going on it and I haven't had to tear up carpet and there is no mold or stink!

I bought the Windsor Airmover a couple years ago and just bought the Windsor Windhandler cause it has a handle and wheels. Both "blow" the same, but the Windhandler's easier to move around. I'm sure they're available elsewhere, but I found mine at http://uclean.com/catalog/subcategory/equipment/air_blowers-1.html

Hope this tip helps! It has saved me LOTS of money and headaches.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

Good idea. I have a clotheswasher that floods once a twice a year,and the water runs into my bathroomm with a rug. The rug is just a loose remnant,cut to order and I can prop it up when it gets soaked,but it would be nice to get it dry quicker. I will look into getting an industrial blower.

Bookmark   December 5, 2005 at 9:53AM
phcnevada

I bought the Windsor Windhandler carpet dryer listed above from Uclean and it's great! My basement always has water problems and I've used it a couple times already and it's a lot better than ten stationary fans blowing and not making it dry.

It's a little loud when turned all the way up, but I guess that's to be expected.

Bookmark   February 8, 2006 at 12:38AM
socks

Footbush, isn't "uclean" your company?

Bookmark   February 9, 2006 at 9:25AM
More Discussions
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
Dealing with a crazy neighbor
Condensed version: My neighbor aggressively pounds...
dtxgal
What would you do if...
1. You hired a contractor to remodel your kitchen (custom...
LuckyJoe
Walk me through overflowed tub, waterfall in kitchen disaster
Yup. My 15 yo ds woke up this am, decided to take a...
nini804
Heating Oil Spill & Smell
So here is my issue. Currently under contract to purchase...
jemcdonald
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™