brands to avoid, tvs, vcrs, dvss

andrelaplume2October 2, 2006

I am glad I found this forum. Perhpas its too early to tell on the newer type tvs but in general are there certain brands to avoid. I see a bunch of problems posted here on Phillips and Magnavox. I would have thought them more reliable. Then I heard they make Sylvania---I have never heard anything good about them.. Is it best to stay with Toshiba, Sony and Panasonic?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pharmboy

If you are talking about flat panel lcd tv's, I have a Phillips with no problems. I own several (sony, panasonic, samsung) and all are great. Where you run into trouble is the features. Some brands ot models (westinghouse, magnavox) dont allow you to change the format to and you either lose picture or distort it. You want 3 or 4 options to take all viseo sources into account.

Bookmark   October 2, 2006 at 6:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

No matter the brand, you will find someone who is unhappy with it. I have heard that there are many Philips/Magnavox postings here because other Web sites link to this one as a source of answers about these brands; the fact that people keep posting Philips/Magnavox questions perpetuates its top ranking as a place to ask Philips and Magnavox questions. I don't know as I would read too much into it.

I recently read an article about the brightness of LCD TVs and how certain (name) brands were better than the "no-name" brands and some of the "legacy" names (like Westinghouse and Polaroid, which even in their heyday were not known for making TVs). I don't remember where I saw it. You could use Google or some other Web search engine to find articles about brightness and longevity of LCD and plasma screens. Might point you in the direction of a technology and brands to examine more carefully.

Bookmark   October 3, 2006 at 9:18AM
More Discussions
previous post about 50ML8105D
My previous post about my Magnavox/Phillips 50"...
tribefan53
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
Where to buy cassettes for music
We still play cassettes in two of our old cars. I need...
loralee
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™