Mold in basement
This post is about my parent's home, not mine. For once its not mine that is having the problem.
My parents recently moved furniture in their basement and found mold growing along the cinderblock wall near the floor and on a bit of the floor.
Dad has apparantly known about it for awhile and "not gotten to cleaning it up." His words. What has me worried is the mold is black. I have no way of knowing if this is the "black mold" that can be so dangerous but I'm worried! My father refuses to take the situation seriously. He says its "just mildew" and he'll go to the boat supply store and get some cleaner to take it off.
Is there a way for a layman (IE my mother and I) to tell if this is "just mildew" as my father claims or something a whole lot more sinister that we need to call a proffesional about NOW. (Dad never will, he seems to think he can tackle anything.)
Thanks for the advice guys.