Found a way to lose weight without restrictions

stephyloulouJuly 15, 2006

I'm 23 and been struggling with my weight for 10 years now. It wasn't really bad, but consistently gaining 5-7 pounds a year has really added up. I'm a fairly small person (5'2") and at the peak weighted 175...before my pregnancy. After my pregnancy I realized that if I wanted to be a good role model for my daughter I needed to lose the weight. I recently started following the principles in the Weigh Down Diet. It's not really a diet... it's more of a lifestyle change. I can eat any of the food that I want to, I just eat in smaller quantities and only eat when I'm hungry. So far in the last 2 weeks I've lost 10 pounds and never starved myself or gone without the foods that I love.

Just want to encourage everyone that it is possible. I don't have time to excersize (because I have to take care of my young daughter and run a business out of my home), and this plan is working great for me.

I hope that this helps someone out there.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RuthieG__TX

That just goes to prove that weight loss is really all about self control...If you don't put it in your mouth is doesn't show up on your waist/but.....Never heard of Weigh Down but it has been the philosophy of weight watchers forever.

Bookmark   July 16, 2006 at 9:10AM
rodi

Can you give us more info on the plan, or where we can find the info? Is there a book?

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 10:25AM
terriks

Weigh Down is a Christian based "diet". You can google it, and yes, there is a book.

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 2:30PM
terriks

If you do a bit of research you will find that the author has started her own church, which many classify as a cult. Make sure that you read all of the reviews on Amazon, both the positive and the negative.

You might also want to consider the Shangri la diet - it supresses your appetite without the guilt.

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 11:31PM
western_pa_luann

"I can eat any of the food that I want to, I just eat in smaller quantities and only eat when I'm hungry. "

Umm.... that's what we should all do, regardless of any 'diet du jour'. Don't need a book or a website for that!

Bookmark   July 22, 2006 at 4:57PM
More Discussions
Any safe appetite suppressants?
Hello, this is my first post. First let me say that...
tiamaria
Best for a quick weight loss?
I know all the rules(more or less) but if I wanted...
mzmint
Weekly Support 21 - 26 Oct
Ooopsy - I lost track of this week. Where on earth...
mcpeg
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
Dieting Weekly Support 3 - 9 Nov
Hi Everyone, How are you doing this week so far? I...
mcpeg
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™