I'm loosing the electrionics war!

momcat2000October 18, 2006

I guess I just want to vent.I'm loosing the electrionics war at my house! Everyone's fighting over the computer and I will NOT buy another one, the boy's have bought their own TV's for their rooms, printers, speaker wires,scanners, video games, the basement is a nightmare of wiring, backyard speakers and so on. I keep adding outlets and uping my panels but When Will It all Stop! Now the boys want to get a flat screen, but I'm going to make them pay for it. Just so I have an opinion, what would be a good one that they could take with them if they ever (!) move out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

The electronics war will stop when you want it to. It sounds to me like this spaghetti bowl just kind of grew. It's possible that a structured-wiring system would make it all easier to manage, but that's a considerable investment at this point and it sounds like things will be better once (?) the boys move out.

As for flat-screens, I'm assuming you mean either LCD or plasma TVs. I'd stick with the bigger name brands: Sharp, Samsung, Sony (though IIRC they get their LCDs from Samsung), LG, Toshiba. I know people who've bought Syntax Olevia sets and been happy with them for the $$. I'd avoid "old" names like Magnavox, Sylvania, and the like -- they're just brand names, now, with no relation to the companies which earned them the name recognition. And I certainly would avoid brands you've never heard of before. Not to say they're all bad, but do you want to fight the odds?

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 9:56AM
momcat2000

Steve, thanks so much for the advice. That's interesting information on the TV's, I think they are looking at LCD's.

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 2:32PM
tobr24u

Electronics is a disease that usually starts at a young age, especially with boys. The affliction can last a lifetime with no known cure, though a lack of financial resources, a mother, or a wife may impede the progress of this disease. So, bear with it and do not enable them; also, tell them that when they have a place of their own they can hook-up and wire away to their hearts' content...!

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 9:55AM
momcat2000

I think my next husband should be an electrician, so HE can handle all this stuff...LOL

Bookmark   October 25, 2006 at 9:50AM
More Discussions
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™