The dwell home...anyone?

stovetopSeptember 22, 2004

Hi

I posted this also in building a new home, but since Dwell claims: ÃAnd Dwell wants to help it realize its true potential with a design that embraces all the benefitÃaesthetic, environmental, economic, technologic --that prefab has to offer..." I thought I might get some responses in this forum too.

I'd love to hear from homeowners/contractors or future home builders who have considered or had any experiences or thoughts/opinions about these custom modular homes from The Dwell Home? Are they really that well built and design inovative as they claim to be?

I especially like the designs from the following architect who won the Dwell Home Design Invitational

http://www.re4a.com/modern-modular/

(Sorry I havent figured out how to get more than one link listed to a post)

Here is a link that might be useful: the dwell home website

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kalucapike

Thank you for posting this link. I think someof the houses-and the winner especially-are really interesting and I would love to build something along those lines. Unfortunately, upon further research it's not in our price range. Maybe someday.

Bookmark   October 13, 2004 at 8:39AM
stovetop

Can I ask what you found out in your research? I also posted this link in the building forum where there was more response...

Here is a link that might be useful: building a home forum

Bookmark   October 13, 2004 at 10:27AM
tkeenan1

To me, most of these houses look like designer double-wides. The architects at re4a must be recovering Tetris addicts. As for the costs, was the suggestion of $400/ft a typo? Sure you didn't mean $40/ft ?

You can build a beautiful timberframe house (in a modern or traditional design ) for about $125/ft and up. Timberframe company products are super energy efficient, architect-designed, and precision cut in factories.

Bookmark   October 22, 2004 at 9:08PM
Jason_MI

No, I posted that; it was $400 a square foot; these are architect-designed, etc., etc., etc. I could build it for $40 a square foot, however.

Bookmark   October 27, 2004 at 11:31AM
More Discussions
Best Hot Water Tank to go with Solar
My parents have a big house with a solar hot water...
edlincoln
Radon system
Can somebody tell me why there's condensation outside...
ahold
Enviro M55 cast iron free standing pellet stove
Anyone have any feedback on the newer units that have...
bksinaz
Looking for feedback on geothermal!
Hello there! I am quite new on the Forum, and a newbie...
Tinuvielle
Seeking Feedback on Bright Home Solutions in NYC Area
if any of you have used Bright Home Solutions based...
dreamojean
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™