Lifeguard gutters STINK!

ritaotayDecember 16, 2005

Last October I paid $7000. to have Lifeguard gutters installed on my house and garage... Biggest mistake I have EVER made... In the spring, when it rains, I get what they call over spray... Ever see the ground around a house without gutters??? Same thing, a nice straight line where the water hits the ground and makes dents... In the winter the snow sits on the gutters and freezes, causing ice dams.... I now have ice icicles coming off the gutters and OUT OF THE SOFFIT!!!!!

I just called them AGAIN and now they're saying it's normal in Michigan.... It didn't matter to them, not one little bit, that the house next door, with the exact same roof and regular gutters doesn't have a problem...

Save your money... DO NOT BUY LEAFGUARD GUTTERS!!!!!!!

Rita

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lizql

My DH is a contractor and never recommends Leafgauard. Instead he uses aluminum gutter screens. About a dollar a ft. installed. You'd be ahead to hire a contractor to rip off the Leafgaurd crap and install gutter screens. You will ruin your roof with the ice damming, causing leaking to the interior of your home. New gutter installed with gutter screen for about 5 dollars per ft. For ten dollars a ft. DH will drive to Michigan.

Bookmark   December 17, 2005 at 10:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rumble_s

We looked at Leafguard when we built and our conclusion was that not only was it WAY too expensive, but it would only work in very light rains. So we opted for the aluminum gutter screens instead.

Gutter screens aren't perfect. If you have leaf debris on your roof they will wash down and end up on top of the screen. This can block the water from entering the gutter. However, we've really only seen this to be a problem where a valley empties into the gutter. So in those places we have to occasionally clean off the debris with a water hose or broom.

On the other hand, I'd say at that 99% of the water ends up in the gutters, and the gutters themselves never have to be cleaned.

Bookmark   December 18, 2005 at 9:57AM
More Discussions
Bad Contractor
My wife and I are nearing the end of a bad experience...
KitchenDad
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Ignacio7557
damp brickwork
Please can you help with damp brickwork at the front...
Fred.21
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
tinyminion
Is the snow causing roof damage or any plumbing issue?
My first floor bathroom today have water leaking from...
jhome2015
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™