HELP! Skunk in window well

benhemDecember 1, 2002

We just got back from Thanksgiving and found a live skunk in one of our window wells. We don't think that he's rabid, but can't be sure. We put some boards into the well to create a ramp for him to climb out, but so far he's not going for it. Is there some kind of food we could put at the top to entice him out? Help! Fast!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
earthworm

Simply give the poor dear some Pierier water at 40ºF with a side of fresh lemon. Use a shallow ceramic bowl... In a day or so she will thirst and leave( and probably ignore the water !!), have patience, skunks are good creatures.
You did the right thing with ramp, but I hope you did not forget the OSHA mandated handrails.

Bookmark   December 1, 2002 at 5:35PM
lazy_gardens

leave it alone, and if the boards are not really slick and steep it will climb out ... although some tuna at the top might lure it out faster.

Bookmark   December 2, 2002 at 9:05AM
dobermann

If the material in the bottom of the window well isnt rock here is what you do: Hi-power rifle shot to the skull of the skunk, no stink and minimal mess. Sounds grafic but after losing 9 puppies worth a thousand dollars a puppy and my wife's and my canine daughter to a skunk you have to feel no remorse for an animal that legally has no hunting season on it and isn't protected.

Please do the good thing and put it down.

JA in SD

Bookmark   December 15, 2002 at 10:23PM
More Discussions
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
mishyq
Bleach stains on bathtub
My son just moved into an apt., and the tub area was...
wishnwell
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Ignacio7557
Help my grout turned blue in spots from Comet
Hi Unfortunately I was trying to clean my new Bathroom...
scooper25
Bad contractor web site
is there a site to post contractor complaints on??? Just...
jimrac
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™