cable tv/popping sound on locally inserted commercials

plantaholicSeptember 22, 2006

its going on a year now and the cable company cant fix the problem. on cable channels (not network stations like abc, nbc)i get a loud popping sound....but only during locally inserted commercials. the national commercials play then the local commercials are inserted.....thats when the popping sound occurs. all 4 tv sets do it.

any ideas what could cause this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pjb999

Is the pop sound just a one-off when the local commercials start? If it is what I think it is, it's nothing to do with your sets or setups, but at the cable network where they do the 'switching' - generally if they're working with a live feed from the cable broadcaster, somebody has to throw a switch to the local ads - the machine for this is usually called a vision switcher but I suspect sometimes these outfits use pretty ropey devices and it's just the result of a bad setup - and audio is worst, if you switch hard from one source to another without some sort of cross-fade, you will pretty much ALWAYS get a popping sound. Reason why the networks don't do it is all their stuff is configured and managed correctly.

Bookmark   September 29, 2006 at 3:47AM
More Discussions
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™