Wall Phone Jack

hillybelleSeptember 7, 2006

This is propably a Duh! question but if you can help, I surely would appreciate it. We need a simple phone that will work in a power outage. I bought one to replace my old one but the holes to hang it are spaced further apart than the ones on the jack that I have. The only jack with the wider spaced holes that I've found, so far, sticks out from the wall so that the phone doesn't sit flush with the wall.

Is there a difference in the two types of jacks and, if not, is there an adaptor or a flush fitting one with a wide hole pattern. Am I going on a goose chase trying to find an adaptor or flush jack?

Thanks- hb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Get a new plate to replace that out of date one you have now. The new plate connections are color coded the same as the wires making the whole job quite simple.

Here is a link that might be useful: how to install a phone jack

    Bookmark   September 13, 2006 at 10:43PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
POTS phone extension over local ethernet?
Through a mess up in communication I got a gigabit...
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
Sponsored Products
Tay Tay Plug In Swing Arm Sconce
Custom Tiffany Blue Glass Wall Sconces Lamp
Texas 8-ft 144W LED Low Profile Surface Mount
LBC Lighting
Mission You Medium Outdoor Wall Sconce by Varaluz
$249.00 | Lumens
Design House Wall Mounted Maple Street Wall Mount Outdoor White Uplight 507574
$41.36 | Home Depot
Cali Day Aluminum Wall Art
$89.99 | zulily
Beveled Frameless Oval Mirror
Hudson Valley Cohasset Williamsburg Wall Sconce
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™