Audio cable?

boothbaySeptember 14, 2013

Could someone clue me on what this cable is used for...and what is that black rectangular attached to it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Having a yellow end, I'd say it's a video feed cable. perhaps from a camera to a tv/monitor. Webcam or security camera? The black attachment may be for interference reduction.

    Bookmark   September 15, 2013 at 3:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

perhaps from a camera to a tv/monitor. >>>>

??? A camera? What type of camera would that be that would take a rca input...if anything perhaps its the reverse...from a TV to a cam or PC, anything that would take that smaller input

    Bookmark   September 16, 2013 at 6:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yellow would imply video and likely video out of the device. As I think about it and without getting up to look, that reminds me of a Sony camcorder connector. Video out to a TV.

The black thing is a ferrite bead. From Wikipedia:

A ferrite bead is a passive electric component used to suppress high frequency noise in electronic circuits. It is a specific type of electronic choke. Ferrite beads employ the dissipation of high frequency currents in a ferrite ceramic to build high frequency noise suppression devices. Ferrite beads may also be called blocks, cores, rings, EMI filters, or chokes.

    Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 9:49PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
Need a new Tv, thoughts on led/plasma
Im in the market to get a new tv. I have always preferred...
POTS phone extension over local ethernet?
Through a mess up in communication I got a gigabit...
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™