microwave oven

rlaskaSeptember 5, 2007

I have a Panasonic Microwave oven and all of a sudden it just stops after 4 seconds. The clock stays on at the correct time and the kitchen timer works. It just won't cook more than 4 seconds.

Please help.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

One thing you can try (if you haven't tried it already) is to unplug the microwave oven and leave it unplugged for 10-15 minutes. Then plug it in and see if it's "fixed". Unplugging it for that long should reset anything in the oven's computer that got kind of gummed up.

If that doesn't fix it, though, is it still under warranty or extended-warranty coverage? If so, bring it back. If not, and it's a countertop microwave (not an over-the-range kind), then it probably will cost more to fix than it would cost to buy a new one. Just dispose of it properly if you have to get rid of it.

    Bookmark   September 5, 2007 at 10:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rlaska

Thanks, Steve o.

    Bookmark   September 6, 2007 at 2:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135

Old microwaves had fantastic magnets to play with. If you dispose of it and it is old remove the magnets. I have not found any good magnets in microwaves purchased within the last 15 years or so, they are to fragile, break up too easily for amusements.

    Bookmark   September 7, 2007 at 1:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

I have not found any good magnets in microwaves purchased within the last 15 years or so, they are to fragile, break up too easily for amusements.

Just as well. The inside of a microwave oven is no place for people who don't know their way around. There's some serious voltage in there....

    Bookmark   September 8, 2007 at 10:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheldonstv

the magnets that are being referred to are the ring magnets fitted to the magnetron assy.........
mike

    Bookmark   September 28, 2007 at 10:08AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™