Cordless phones

sconti_95September 2, 2007

I want to buy a new set of cordless phones, but am confused as to what to buy. when I visit the Circuit Cities, and other stores that sell cordless phones, I am overcome with all the choices. Don't need anything with all the features, just a good basic setup with two to four cordless units. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

You might be doing yourself or a neighbor a favor if you buy one of the newer DECT 1.9 Ghz phones. Wont mess up itself around wifi connections, nor fool with the wifi.

I bought some early model .. Philips 6.0 Dect Cordless Phone with Answering Machine (Dect2251g/37) from amazon then found extensions cheap on ebay.

Thrilled with them. At first thought they were too small but now I really like that smallness. Long range too! Put one in pocket and go to neighbors. (amazon has that one cheap right now, its discontinued though)

DECT 1.9 Ghz is digital & a very good thing, DECT is new to the usa. Would think all of the major players will use the same chipsets so everybodys should be 'good stuff'. Good from Philips anyhow in my experience.

Bookmark   September 2, 2007 at 8:51PM
sconti_95

mikie: Thanks for the post. Not familar with the the Dect name, but am going to look further into their product. Looks like most of them have the answer machine or voice mail feature which I do not need. Thanks again.

Bookmark   September 3, 2007 at 9:05AM
randy427

I got a 2.4 GHZ VTECH multi-handset phone from Sears (K-MART) and another single handset 2.4 Ghz Vtech from a rumage sale. I have no complaints about any of them. Best Buy had similar sets and their frequent close-out markdowns can result in a nice price break. I think with a little shopping around (perhaps online) you can find a set without the extras that you don't want.

Bookmark   September 3, 2007 at 2:55PM
sconti_95

randy427: Thanks for the post. I don't want to tie up a lot of money for them. Don't need to have the baddest cordless phones in the neighborhood. Just something dependable with good clarity and ease of use. Thanks again. Will check out Best Buy and K-Mart.

Bookmark   September 4, 2007 at 5:48PM
More Discussions
POTS phone extension over local ethernet?
Through a mess up in communication I got a gigabit...
rwiegand
Best and thinnest flat screen wall mountable tv less than 20" high?
I am so out of my depth here. I would greatly appreciate...
bellsmom
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
Need a new Tv, thoughts on led/plasma
Im in the market to get a new tv. I have always preferred...
aellis722
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
Sponsored Products
Traditional Style Copper Glazing Wall Sconce in Phone Booth Shape
ParrotUncle
iPhone Jotter- Yellow
| Dot & Bo
A & L Furniture Recycled Plastic Folding End Table - 886-WW WEATHERED WOOD
$159.99 | Hayneedle
ALLCLEAR NATURALS™ Concentrate Outdoor Lantern Refill
$25.00 | FRONTGATE
Temagami Tennis Racquet Cover
$295.00 | Horchow