Need TV earphones to boost sound for me not husband

faithabSeptember 3, 2011

When we watch TV I'd like to have sound boosting earphones for me while my husband is still able to watch TV at normal levels. Does such a things exist? I've found some but you have to plug them in and then the TV speakers would not work for DH. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If your television has "line level" outputs - two RCA jacks, one red, one white - you want to find a headphone transmitter unit that accepts this type of input with the matching input jacks.

Televisions that only have a 1/8" mini-jack headphone connector usually have internal contacts that disable the internal speakers when they have a plug inserted.

By the way, I'm assuming you are looking at wireless headphones here that have a separate transmitter and then of course, wireless headphones, to listen to the program.

    Bookmark   September 3, 2011 at 8:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Your cable or satelite box may also have RCA connections for audio that can be used for input to a wireless haedset transmitter.
I have an inexpensive Sylvania headset (I can't find a model number) that can receive radio or the TV audio.

    Bookmark   September 5, 2011 at 2:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

My spouse uses a little hearing aid like thing, looks like a blackberry ear piece but costs less than $50. I cannot find it online now. I will look and get back.

    Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 4:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Micro Plus - Harriet Carter - Health & Beauty > Therapeutic Aids is the gadget my wife uses. She uses it only for TV at home. She says she would not want to use it up and around, at work or the like.

    Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 7:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I walk by the audiology dept at Costco often enough, and they carry some gizmo. Don't know details or cost, tho. So check with a hearing-aid shop.

    Bookmark   September 6, 2011 at 8:05PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™