Rainwater Harvesting

Larry35July 13, 2013

My property is flooded with water, and, I have no place to divert it to.. (the street behind, and downstream, is just a paved over alley, with no storm drains) after I divert the rain water away from the house, it floods the garage.. the sill boards in the garage are rotted, and need to be replaced. City water is metered, and sold to me at .035 cents per gallon. Harvesting rainwater and using it, will GET RID of the rainwater I have no place to divert, and pay for itself, over a period of years. HOWEVER: I've yet to find any detailed information, or a contractor (locally) who can assist me in designing and installing a system. it seems that there is just too much water in the area, for any interest in this, beyond a simple rain barrel setup, too water a garden. any ideas? thank you in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Windows on Washington

Do you irrigate your lawn, although I doubt it given your description.

Rainwater harvesting is more popular (usually out of necessity) in areas where water is not as plentiful.

I doubt that it will make economic sense to process the water and create a finished capacity that is suitable for usage.

Some municipalities allow for grey water applications but separating the systems out is an expensive undertaking unless done in the design phase.

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 10:16PM
More Discussions
Can solatubes go horizontal?
We just redid I our house and I am depressed at how...
newhome123
Geothermal issue
I don't know whether to post this under renewable energy,...
katieb2007
solar tube skylight
Does anyone out there have a solar tube sky light and/or...
ryanaidan
Critique of House plan
I am still trying to figure out the perfect plan for...
jenlef82
Solar Panel on Shed, Standalone?
I have a small shed, like 10' x 12'. It is about 30'...
redsun9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™