help choosing under cabinet kitchen tv

chckandcoSeptember 26, 2006

Can any of you share your experience with under cabinet tv's? I will be replacing the one I have now, which is fading and also large, takes up a lot of room. The new ones, regardless of screen size, are slimmer and now seem to include either radios and/or dvd players. Those are optional for me, but appear to be the only way they come now.

There appear to be several with the main "name" one being Sony. That has attached to it a higher price tag to go with the implied reliability. It goes down from there to Polaroid and Phillips and then to many "no name" ones with various size screens.

The warranties are various time lengths. Do any of you own one of the newer ones and can anyone comment on their experience about picture, sound and reliability?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pismodick

Sharp has a wide assortment of LCD TV's which can be mounted under cabinet using their proprietary adapter. Check these out on their website. (Google sharp lcd tv)

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 7:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjantz

Dacor makes an under counter media center for the kitchen,. The screen flips up and out of the way when not in use. Besides tv, it is a computer, dvd player, and fm radio.

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 12:21AM
More Discussions
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant1
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™