Using outdoor woodstoves to lower heat costs

burn2788July 9, 2007

We have seven woodstoves on our farm and we love all the money we are saving. We use the wood stoves to heat our buildings, home, genorator, pool, and water. The woodstoves allowed us to stop using propane all together. Also the woodstoves do not need a lot of wood and don't require constant fillings. We own a woodmaster, three johnson's and three Wood Doctor woodstoves. We beleive the Wood Doctor performs the best and will be installing another one for the new barn. If you would like to learn more go to http://www.badgerpallet.com.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
markjames

Outdoor wood boilers are banned in many areas because many of them are very inefficient, and pollution/smoke is a problem. People also burn all sorts of garbage in them since they're outdoors.

Most outdoor wood boilers don't come close to the efficiency or longevity the Dectra Garn units.

I have to laugh when I see all the displays at fairs, and sales/installation outfits advertising free heat as a marketing strategy. The installed prices of the highly efficient outdoor wood boilers, and highly efficient wood gasification boilers are quite high.

If I were concerned about using renewable energy, I'd be looking at a wood gasification wood boiler, or a pellet boiler. The europeans have some wood, multi-fuel and pellet burning equipment that make some of our hillbilly engineered systems look like toys.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garn Wood Boiler

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 12:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DavidR

I'm not 100% sure, but my guess is that Burn2788 is selling those furnaces. Perhaps that's why he dredged up a bunch of old, dead threads (some of them were last active over a year ago), and posted links to his website on them.

Bookmark   July 11, 2007 at 3:52PM
More Discussions
Can solatubes go horizontal?
We just redid I our house and I am depressed at how...
newhome123
Seeking Feedback on Bright Home Solutions in NYC Area
if any of you have used Bright Home Solutions based...
dreamojean
Looking for feedback on geothermal!
Hello there! I am quite new on the Forum, and a newbie...
Tinuvielle
Anyone get SRECs for their solar panels
We've had solar panels installed and working for 3...
Annie Deighnaugh
Planning for a new green home
I am in the planning stages of building a new home...
b_valancy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™