Excessive Humidity In House
I'm having a really really big issue with humidity. Lemme give you a small background first.
I bought this house July/2009. Brand new house. I had to keep the windows closed as there were dust outside the house because of the construction. I had a wet/damp basement as well. Not due to any outside leaks but humidity. Thats was the explanation I got from builder. I installed an A/C hoping that it would resolve but didn't had time to see it because winter months came so quickly.
Now I'm at winter months (Nov). This is where my trouble starts. In the morning upstairs windows are covered (about 4/3) with water droplets from condensation. Downstairs condensation occurs too but it covers 1/4 of each window. This is a big issue because I see 2 of my upstairs windows has mold build up.
- I always run exhaust fan when I cook
- I always run exhaust fan when I use washroom (run it for about 15-20 mins even after use).
- There are no trees in the house.
- There are four adults live in this house including me.
- Temp setting so far was 21c (day) & 17c (sleep) and now i changed everything to 25c hoping it would removed some excess humidity.
- Every morning I clean all the windows so it wont drip on to the wood trim.
Currently those are the precautions I take. Can you guys help me on this? I'm really desperate.