Flies

angel123November 19, 2002

How do you get rid of flies? What product have you used with good results? The flies are outside.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JerriEllijay

Hey, As long as they are outside I don't worry too much. We living in a rural chicken producing area and, I kid you not... every spring we end up with thousands in our house daily. We can't use pesticides because the dog may digest a fly or two. The health department was sure one of our neighbors had dead bodies buried throughout his yard the flies were so bad (LOL)

Swat the fiends and hope for a good freeze.

Sorry, I'm really no help at all. Just wanted to let you know, many of us have the same problem.

jerri

Bookmark   November 22, 2002 at 4:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tanner2135

There are these traps sold at Home Depot or any other hardware store. They're called Rescue Traps, which is a strange name since you're not "rescuing" anything.

Anyway, it's a heavy plastic bag with attractant inside. Cut the top, fill with water and watch the flies flock to it. They fly in but they can't get out. Very, very effective. We have 4 dogs so imagine the number of flies. Just hang it as far away from your house or common areas because it's a little stinky. To dispose, just close the top and throw the whole thing away.

Also, don't look too closely...the flies die and out comes the maggots. Nasty!
Andrea

Bookmark   December 17, 2002 at 6:58AM
More Discussions
The strangest, persistent odour
Hello all. This is a serious mystery. About a month...
DanJM
Strange 'fishy' smell
Hello all - My parents are having an issue with a somewhat...
tarajen
Is the snow causing roof damage or any plumbing issue?
My first floor bathroom today have water leaking from...
jhome2015
Bleach product discolored my kitchen countertop!
I used Clorox Cleanup in my kitchen to clean and disinfect....
Cyd1900
How to deal with post-snow water damage?
Recent northeast snow storm has caused some water leakages...
jhome2015
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™