Capenter ant and termites

frontOctober 27, 2008

I have some carpenter ant and termite damage. I ripped off some of the drywall and there is some damage to a header (over sliding glass window) and a load bearing stud. I'm planning on replacing the stud and looking into the header. The stud is destroyed, but the header just has some burrows that the ants dug in them. If I call a pest control company out, can they red tag my house? By red tag, I mean have me pull permits and the whole nine yards to repair the issue by reporting the issues to the city.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidandkasie

depends on the company and how strict your city is.

were there active insects, or just old damage? if you even THINK you still have them, call teh exterminators in immediately.

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 11:19PM
mike_kaiser_gw

I would imagine that it very much depends on local ordinances although my gut reaction is that the exterminator has little to gain by reporting problems to the town/city. Having bugs eating at your house can be a very serious problem and it's better get the problem resolved than wait.

Bookmark   December 26, 2008 at 8:26AM
patty1297

I had a lot of carpenter ants on and about my house this year and called BUGOUT for treatment. They said the ants do not eat wood but just like to go where the wood is damp to live. I also notice that certain shrubs in my yard attracted them and that is where I would find the ants eating the sap from the plant. I got rid of the plants and now hardly see carpenter ants anymore.

Bookmark   December 28, 2008 at 10:10AM
More Discussions
Help my grout turned blue in spots from Comet
Hi Unfortunately I was trying to clean my new Bathroom...
laxrox
biting flies uk
leave your house shut up for 3 to 4 weeks and let them...
annekeepgoing
Advice On New Neighbor
This family moved in next door to us (they are renters)...
GardenGuy2000
Dealing with a crazy neighbor
Condensed version: My neighbor aggressively pounds...
dtxgal
appliance mfg's & Home owner's ins.
Long story short, I had a water leak in a less than...
gardenerlorisc_ia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™