Energy Use Monitoring

garymunson-2008July 5, 2008

I'll risk being pounded for posting a commercial site but found this very interesting...being able to monitor your home online at a reasonable cost....http://welserver.com/index.htm

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
haus_proud

I suppose if you're obsessive enough and you have nothing better to do with your time, you can monitor every panny you're spending on energy. I'm not ready for that, not yet.

Bookmark   July 7, 2008 at 4:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sniffdog

gary

I have looked at the WEL and it is a great idea if all you want to do is monitor On/Off status and temperature of devices or loop points. However, it provides no ability to control any of the HVAC components which is what I would like to have someday.

If you Google "Rabbit Computer", you will find the website of ZCore that makes the microprocessor used in the WEL. There is also 3rd party software available called MicroCommander by Intec that provides a high level language for programming the Rabbit processor. That might be of interest for those who want to both monitor & control their HVAC system. I see myself headed in that direction in the long run.

As energy costs continue to rise, I see a big need to have dynamic HVAC contollers to squeeze out the most of evey penny of energy.

Bookmark   July 17, 2008 at 12:58PM
More Discussions
Radon system
Can somebody tell me why there's condensation outside...
ahold
Can solatubes go horizontal?
We just redid I our house and I am depressed at how...
newhome123
Seeking Feedback on Bright Home Solutions in NYC Area
if any of you have used Bright Home Solutions based...
dreamojean
Geothermal $6K per ton?
In my ongoing quest into the geothermal world, this...
cs6000
Solar Panel on Shed, Standalone?
I have a small shed, like 10' x 12'. It is about 30'...
redsun9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™