phillips magnovox 52'' projection

garyd917August 1, 2008

phillips magnavox PTV835 model 9P5034 C103.tv's picture sometimes shrinks to half its normal size. picture also somtimes has a "bouncing" effect. although its does seem to get a little better as the tv "warms up". no sound problems. im pretty handy, any repair info? thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silverpl105

That's qutie strange problem, if your tv is still under the warranty you can call the store for help.

Bookmark   August 3, 2008 at 9:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jake777

I just paid the Sears man $100.00, to tell me the High Voltage Board in my 1998 vintage 52' Phillips Magnavox is shot @ the tune of $657.00 to replace. He said the low voltage board normally goes first, and it isn't far behind, along with the three tube projection construction. I paid $2000.00 for this T.V. @ Sears in 1998. I'm not going to throw it away. I'm going to store it until I can find a graveyard of these T.V.(s), and scavenge parts over time. Quick disconnect construction shouldn't require high tech replacment of the electronic components anyway? In the meantime, I'm going to spend the $600.00 on a new HD plasma T.V. Anyone know where I can find these used parts? Please call me at 478-987-5739(land), 407-719-9193(cell), or 478-218-0648(fax). Thanks for the Help!!! Have a Nice Day!!

Here is a link that might be useful: That Home Site!

Bookmark   August 12, 2008 at 8:17PM
More Discussions
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
Where to buy cassettes for music
We still play cassettes in two of our old cars. I need...
loralee
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™