Auto Accident

xamarshahxOctober 30, 2002

Recently I was in a auto accident and the other guy got a ticket for careless driving, the police dont have the police report ready yet and it has been over 2.5 weeks, i have to goto to court in 2 weeks. i am thinking of dropping charges if he pays the deductible, should i be worried about my insurance not getting the money from his and then my insurance going up because the ticket gets dropped, also is their a time limit the police have, to have the report ready by. this is my second no fault accident winthin the year, i have not other violations as of now, i am 19 and I live in NJ.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TwoAcres

Some states take longer than others to file their reports. Around here it is usually 10 days. I take it you have already filed a claim with your insurance company. Go to court, and state your case. Your insurance company has probably already requested a copy of the police report so they can determine fault.

Bookmark   October 30, 2002 at 7:45PM
theglo22

If it is his fault, his insurance will pay for all the cost. I don't think you would even want to use your own insurance policy if possible. If he pay the deductible or you pay the deductible, the insurance may still consider a risk when they re-assess your policy.

Bookmark   October 31, 2002 at 2:43PM
earthworm

Have no fear about conversing with your agent/company, they are there to help - hold nothing back..
Am I ever glad, I am no longer 19, I am sure you company will "sock it to you", no fault or not.
the earthworm

Bookmark   November 1, 2002 at 7:53PM
More Discussions
What would you do if...
1. You hired a contractor to remodel your kitchen (custom...
LuckyJoe
Problem neighbors and being watched by them
Hi I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section but...
NicholeN
Broken Mercury Thermometer
Last night my DD had a 100.2 temp so this am I went...
stir_fryi
Bad Contractor
My wife and I are nearing the end of a bad experience...
KitchenDad
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
tinyminion
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™