Philips Magnavox 27TS57CI

jblair76August 25, 2007

My 27" Philips Magnavox television recently went kaput! When I plug it in, it will just make a clicking noise (click - pause 1 second - click - and on and on and on) and the power light will not come on and the screen is black. Any suggestions?!?! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pamminger

I've got a similar prblm with my philips, see post below; It seems to be a common prblm with these sets. What I've discovered is that sometimes one can get lucky and the sets can be restored with a relatively simple repair: replacing a 50 cent capacitor on the mainboard. Other times more components are also involved such as apparently is the case with mine which makes the situation more problematic wrt which component(s)have failed, how to test and replace these various other broken parts etc. Have you looked inside?

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 10:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jblair76

I have not looked inside. I was going to take it in to get repaired, but I did want to open it up myself and see if I can find the problem. I will let you know if I find anything. Hopefully others reading will be able to offer up some suggestions!

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 11:16PM
More Discussions
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™