Roku

catsmom6August 23, 2011

Hi,

I'm going to sign up for Netflix and I need the Roku thing. Can anyone tell me which is the best one (for the least money). There are so many models and for someone who can't even play a dvr it's just making my head spin.

Thanks,

Cathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

Since you mentioned "so many models" I thinking that you may be using Roku in a generic sense for Netflix capable devices. Roku only has three models currently available that I'm aware of.

Many products such as BluRay DVD players, stand-alone internet products (media players - such as Roku), game consoles, various other network devices, and of course network connected televisions have Netflix capability built-in or upgradable through a firmware update.

What make/model is your television, do you have a BluRay DVD player, what type of network connection do you have, what make/model router, wired or wireless, in your home?

Don't forget, if you just want a "test drive" you can set it up and sign on using your computer to see if the connection is fast enough.

If the PC has video or HDMI outputs, that will connect to your television, then you can also get an idea of what it will look like on your television.

Bookmark   August 23, 2011 at 8:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135

There is the Instant Watch Help Center - Netflix Movie Fans. Since you seem spooked by the whole concept this may or may not ease your mind.

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 1:44PM
More Discussions
Throw them away ?
I have a DVD player, a cassette player , a tuner ,...
salbwil
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™