Please help me with this hook-up.........

catherinetAugust 31, 2006

Hi,

I have a DVD recorder/VCR hooked up to my TV. But I'm adding a VCR to things. Is there an easy way to do this? I have all the instruction booklets from all 3 machines, but can't seem to find instructions on this

3-way set-up. I just have an antenna and no cable. If you could explain it to me, like you would a 10 year old, that would be appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

What do you intend to do with these machines? Record on all three? Record only tapes on one machine? Is the "new" VCR only for playback? Once you tell us that, we can tell you the easiest way to hook up everything.

Bookmark   September 1, 2006 at 4:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catherinet

Hi Steve,

The DVD recorder/VCR was originally to transfer home movies to discs, and also tape shows on the VCR, and watch DVD movies. But.....the remote is so complex for my everyday taping of shows, that I decided to buy a simple VCR for that. I didn't want to wear out the VCR function of the expensive DVD recorder/VCR. So.....that machine will be basically for transferring VHS tapes to DVDs. The new, simple VCR will be for taping my favorite shows every day.

After trying to get the new simple VCR to work, we're discovering that it has to have a co-axial from the antenna, and then a connection back to the TV. (plus the 3 colored wires to the TV). We need to get a couple splitters to do this, so we can have both machines hooked up at once. But just to get the VCR working, we've disconnected the needed wires from the DVD/VCR and plugged them into the VCR.
Our dilemma has now become that, even after doing the initial set-up on the new VCR, the tapes won't play on the TV, nor can we watch the TV through it. I'm sorry I'm so stupid about this. Any help is really appreciated!

Bookmark   September 1, 2006 at 9:32PM
More Discussions
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
Sponsored Products
Boulevard Wall Sconce
$116.10 | Bellacor
Strip 4 Suspension by Luceplan
$1,049.96 | Lumens
Charlise Runner 2'6" x 8' - GOLD
$169.00 | Horchow
Elk Lighting Modern Organics Pendant - Bamboo Stem - 19063/5
$740.00 | Hayneedle
AICO Furniture - Windsor Court Home Office Credenza with Base -...
Great Furniture Deal
Albino Zebra Rug 5'6" x 7'5"
$459.00 | Horchow
Refrax Stainless Steel One-Light Clear Spectra Crystal Pendant Light, 4W x 9H x
$405.00 | Bellacor
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Loloi Rugs Rugs Shelton Lifestyle Collection
$59.00 | Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™