Too much heat from equipment?

sharburkAugust 14, 2007

My husband's office is getting soooo hot! We've been in this house for 35 years and have always known that this room is at the end of the line for heat and cooling, but this is ridiculous! It feels as if a heater is on in there all of the time. He has a new 40" LCD TV, new HD DVR, same computer equipment. It has never been this bad before.

Could it be just the new TV and equipment that is causing this? It is hot even when the TV is off.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbillp

LCD TV's and computers put out a fair amount of heat.

Try leaving the door to his office open. A small table fan may help. If you have central A/C make sure the vent isn't blocked or turned off.

If these tips don't help, a small 5000 or 6000 BTU A/C window unit will help.

Bookmark   August 15, 2007 at 12:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sharburk

Thanks for your response.

We have had the A/C people check out our air conditioning vents. We keep the door open and he has a table fan. Since the heat is recent, it has to be the new TV and Direct TV HDDVR. Yesterday I bought a ceiling fan and will have it installed. He is out of town for a few days and it is so much cooler with everything turned off. It literally feels like a heater is on in there.

We have 6 TV's in the house, all hooked to Direct TV, including a 50" HD. None of them put out the heat like this one. Will keep trying -- SharB

Bookmark   August 15, 2007 at 12:51PM
More Discussions
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™