? How to record stored shows on DVR to another medium

bfff_txAugust 21, 2011

I've recorded a bunch of a special sport shows (60 hrs worth) over the years which are stored on my DVR. What equipment is needed to record these shows from the DVR to a DVD format.

I could play each episode and record them to a VHS tape but there has to be a quicker and more efficient way to do it.

Any assistance / advice greatly appreciated. Thank You

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

The easiest, and really only method, is to use a stand-alone DVD player/recorder, to record from the analog outputs. That is, as long as there is no analog copy protection enabled on the video outputs as may be required by the copyright holder.

You don't mention your service provider, or what the DVR is you have, however, chances are you should be OK using the analog outputs. It'll take a while since it's all done in real-time.

And, no, you can not just do a digital copy from the hard drive - the DVRs record the entire "transport stream" from the head-end and they are not just clear unencrypted MPEG video files.

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 6:01PM
bfff_tx

Thank you Yosemitebill. Not sure what you mean by analog copy protection on the video outputs ??????
SP is Dishnetwork, DVR is about 3/4 yrs old.
Hey there are no quick fixes to anything these days. Appreciate your response. Cheers.

Bookmark   September 2, 2011 at 3:00PM
harrimarks

Nice information. I think it will be easy for us to record stored shows on DVR to another medium. If you want to do extensive video editing and create a professional looking DVD for your home videos, you should use a computer with a recordable DVD drive and a video editing and DVD authoring software package.

Here is a link that might be useful: gaui 330-xs

Bookmark   September 3, 2011 at 2:47AM
More Discussions
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™