Mouse, Squirrel, Rat???

jcinatlantaOctober 12, 2012

Off of the sitting area in the master bedroom in my house, there are 2 side attics. They are small but I am able to store a few plastic bins in each. In one of them the other night, I heard something in there crinkling plastic at 3am. I opened the door and must've scared whatever it was away. It had been chewing on an old roach bait disk that I had placed in there about 3 years ago. I went back to sleep and at 5:30am it was in there again chewing the bait disk but ran away when it heard me open the door. DH and I set up an old baby monitor camera in there as well as a Havaheart trap and also some sticky traps. I left the roach bait disk in there. Sometime during sunset the next night, I happened to look on the monitor and the disk was GONE! I have no idea where it went. No other noises have been heard. No droppings found... I have even looked up in the main attic as well. There is another disk in that same attic, too, and the next night, it went after that. I never heard it but the next day I looked in the attic and the critter had learned to flip over the disk, tear the paper, and retrieve the old bait. It left the disk this time. Last night, I did not hear it and there is no evidence that it came. I am just scared as I have 2 DD that I am trying to keep safe and I really just don't like the idea of a critter in the house. No chewing or holes have been seen as of yet.

Does anyone know what would go after roach bait? Does anyone have a guess as to what this critter is and how to get rid of it fast?

Thanks,

JCINATLANTA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

The question should be what goes after Roach Bait, enjoys it, comes back for more and does not die from it?

Bookmark   October 15, 2012 at 10:02AM
jcinatlanta

It was a mouse!! Caught it yesterday with an old school mouse trap.

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 8:12AM
brickeyee

Not all insecticides are rodenticides.

One is a mammal, the other is not.

Bookmark   October 16, 2012 at 3:12PM
More Discussions
Help! what kind of biting insect has invaded my home?
Over the last few weeks I've been itching from something...
Cassandra
Strange 'fishy' smell
Hello all - My parents are having an issue with a somewhat...
tarajen
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
Bad Contractor
My wife and I are nearing the end of a bad experience...
KitchenDad
How to deal with post-snow water damage?
Recent northeast snow storm has caused some water leakages...
jhome2015
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™