plasma hdtv without hd service

jln5August 14, 2012

I am inheriting a 42" Panasonic Plasma tv, I believe it is only a year or two old. It looked beautiful when it was connected to HDTV service through the cable company, but when they came and took the box/special remote away, it did not look good at all. As the cable guy said, you can see all of the pixels. I am not going to have HDTV cable service where I will be using it. Is there going to be a way to perhaps change the settings so it will look better without hdtv? Of course I am not expecting it to look as good, but right now in it's current location without HDTV, it looks terrible IMO. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toxcrusadr

Just so I'm clear, are you running this with an analog cable signal, or over the air with an antenna?

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 4:37PM
jln5

Yes, analog cable signal.

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 4:49PM
azinoh

You will need to rescan the channels. Then, start with channel 2 and click ^ slowly viewing each channel that is shown. Some cablecos provide unencrypted streams of the major networks in clear QAM, and these will look significantly better than the analog channels.

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 5:41AM
jln5

Great, thank you so much. I don't have the tv at my house yet, and I can choose between the 42" Panasonic Plasma or a 32" Samsung (not plasma). When they were hooked up to HD, the plasma looked phenomenal, but when the cable guy unhooked it, it looked worse than the Samsung, so I was debating taking the Samsung instead of the plasma.

Bookmark   August 16, 2012 at 8:45PM
More Discussions
Throw them away ?
I have a DVD player, a cassette player , a tuner ,...
salbwil
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™