magnavox tv model#55P8288, shuts off by itself

lulu_2007August 27, 2007

I have a 6 yr.old Magnavox big screen TV that shut itself off while watching.I could unplug & let sit for awhile and it would come back on. I did this for awhile and then it finally would not come on at all. Also when I would turn up volume on the Tv itself it would change the channel, or I could change channel and it would go to the AV1 or AV2. I put it in the garage for about 6 months and brought it back in and it worked again for about 2 months now it doesn't work again. Any suggestions would be so very helpful. model# 55P8288 serial# 58962295, chassis# PTV910.

Thank You.....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pamminger

hi-
you might want to try asking your question again at the following site: http://www.tv-forums.com as they seem to be more active than this one wrt responding on issues regarding tv repair

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 10:15PM
celticmoon

Don't know if this would help. I read a while ago that dust inside can lead to the auto shut off problem in older sets. Try cleaning the vented areas as best you can with suction.

Worked for my brother...

Bookmark   August 29, 2007 at 11:29AM
lulu_2007

Thanks pamminger much appreciated. I will try that site also. Celticmoon we did clean all the dust out the first time the TV quit working. That helped for awhile but then it quit working again. Thanks for the info it is much appreciated.

Bookmark   August 30, 2007 at 7:29AM
stevenac1984_yahoo_com

my magnavox turns off after a few mins

Bookmark   March 31, 2011 at 7:11PM
More Discussions
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™