Upline TV channel feed

leukmanAugust 12, 2010

I have multiple TVs throughout the house and want to have webTV accessable on all of them individually, but from a single source. Is there some kind of device I can use, connected just after the cable source and upline from all splits, that would allow me to override a channel with my own input?

In other words, if my daughter in her room wants to watch cartoons, she'd just put a regular TV channel on. If my son in his room wanted to watch a web broadcast, he'd flip to channel 3 and see whatever was being fed from the upline source (which would have input from the PC).

Is there such a device?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryland_irisman

If I understand what you are trying to do, I think what you want is a Diplexer. It looks like a 2 way splitter but allows you to run 2 different types of signals through one wire. They run about 10 or 11 dollars at Radio Shack. I've seen them on line for as little a 2 bucks each. Then you'd use a diplexer at each tv to unsplit the signals and go into an A,B switch. You can get a manual A,B switch for around 10 bucks. There are remote controlled A,B switches for a bit more. The inputs for the diplexer are usually marked as one terminal for satellite (allows voltage to flow back from a satellite box to power an LNB...not an issue in your case) and the other terminal is marked "Antenna". Google "DIPLEXER" and you can see what the different configurations are and see what suits your needs.

Please note...don't confuse DIPLEXER with a DUPLEXER.

Bookmark   August 12, 2010 at 6:50PM
More Discussions
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
Sponsored Products
Outdoor Wood Tray Table
Cost Plus World Market
INSPIRE Q Bensley Espresso Finish Server & Media Console
Overstock.com
Format Mobile Credenza by BDI
$1,499.00 | Lumens
Abbyson Living Malibu Solid Oak Wood 72-inch Cappuccino TV Console
Overstock.com
Furniture of America Allure Modular Storage Cabinet in White (Set of 4 )
Overstock.com
47'' Endeavour TV Stand
$159.99 | zulily
Convenience Concepts Designs2Go 5-Tier Media Tower - 70323
$69.00 | Hayneedle
Armen Living Centennial Chair - Brown Velvet - LC7251BR
$816.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™