my old vhs to dvd

Orang44August 20, 2012

I would like to copy my leagle paid for, commercial copy protected VHS tapes to DVD-R.

I have a DVR, but get the copy protected message. I fully understand, and respect, the protection laws and making illeagel copies, but this is not the case, i just want to protect my big library.Is there any inexpensive device I can to apply to the decision of this problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azinoh

If there was such a device, what would be the point of copy protection in the first place? If the tapes are that important to you, I would go out and buy 1 (or two) new VCRs while you still can & then you'll be able to enjoy your tapes for several more years.

Bookmark   August 20, 2012 at 12:41PM
floweroos

i agree with the opinion above it.

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 1:21AM
mikecowley

1. It is legal to make a back up of your tape; if you make a DVD from your VHS tape, I believe you would have to keep your tape as evidence that you legally own the rights to make a backup of the VHS original.
2. A device called Video CopyMaster was sold (a few years ago) that corrected the video stream. It was around $50.
3. That said, the quality of a VHS tape conversion is absolutely inferior to a purchased DVD.

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
previous post about 50ML8105D
My previous post about my Magnavox/Phillips 50"...
tribefan53
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™