We went through a tornado, lots of ???

GigGhee_IndyOctober 7, 2002

We had a tornado Friday, the 20th of September. I'm just now getting back on line and just couldn't wait to ask you questions about all of this. The tornado was nothing compared to dealing with insurance and a contractor. I have so many questions. Have any of you been through this kind of thing before. I sure do need your wise counsel... please.We are fine and so are our 2 Scotties but now the problems are starting.

Gig Ghee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TwoAcres

Write your questions down and don't be afraid to ask. Take pictures of the damages. If you haven't done it already, hopefully prior to the tornado, itemize your personal contents that were lost. Claims can be reopened if something comes up down the road.
Are you in your home? Keep reciepts of everything you have had to purchase, even your meals if you are not in your home and have been forced elsewhere. Details are so important.
Glad to hear that you and your family are ok.
Check licenses on your contractors. The last thing you want is to have work done by a contractor from another state. When there is a catastophe, some contractors are like ambulance chasing lawyers. They will find damage that doesn't exist or make it.

Bookmark   October 7, 2002 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
Heating Oil Spill & Smell
So here is my issue. Currently under contract to purchase...
jemcdonald
Help my grout turned blue in spots from Comet
Hi Unfortunately I was trying to clean my new Bathroom...
laxrox
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
Home disasters
Folks, before hiring a contractor go this website Ncphif.org...
josephene_gw
Problem neighbors and being watched by them
Hi I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section but...
NicholeN
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™