What caused so MUCH unbelievable dust???

chuehSeptember 1, 2009

I replaced a lot of things, including carpet, flooring, windows, and paint last year. Yesterday, my tenant moved out. I went there to clean it, and I could not believe how much dust the house has collected. It is not a layer, but balls and balls of dust on walls, vents, corners, the ceiling fans, and ceilings. They were dark gray in color. This house is not in a busy traffic area; how could it collect so much dust? It has only been ONE YEAR.....

This is the first time I have ever seen so much dust. What happened? Can anyone figure this out?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryland_irisman

Someone didn't do any house cleaning while they were living there is my guess.

Bookmark   September 1, 2009 at 9:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

My guess is same as maryland irisman, don't dust for a yr & really builds up!! I went to clean up old man's 2 unused bedrooms as they were going to have a reunion & relatives were going to stay in them. He had closed them day his wife died & never had opened them again. Lots of dust 1 window was rather drafty, I think it had small break & piece had fallen out. Also his wife had been sick for yr or 2 before she died so may not have been cleaned for up to 4 yrs. Dust balls, spider webs, dirt on window sills. It took long time & elbow grease to get them clean. Lot of pics of the family on the wall in 1 room so took each down & cleaned them also.

Bookmark   September 2, 2009 at 12:15AM
More Discussions
What would you do if...
1. You hired a contractor to remodel your kitchen (custom...
LuckyJoe
Help! what kind of biting insect has invaded my home?
Over the last few weeks I've been itching from something...
Cassandra
How to deal with post-snow water damage?
Recent northeast snow storm has caused some water leakages...
jhome2015
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
mishyq
Bleach stains on bathtub
My son just moved into an apt., and the tub area was...
wishnwell
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™