Has anyone used Terminate diy termite control?

marti8aSeptember 22, 2001

I just picked up a flyer from Home Depot and wondered if it was any good.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
B5612_rcn_com

Good morning - haven't used it, but have looked at it. Very expensive - look at this web site for commercial/industrial strength insecticides/pesticides: PestProducts.com WARNING - YOU MUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING - these products are not homeowners products, they are the same products sold to the trade.

Have had great luck with them and their prices.

Bart

Bookmark   September 25, 2001 at 12:32PM
bugmaninVA

i would never recommend treating termites yourself...leave that type of work to the professionals. You may save yourself money in the short term, but how much is your home worth?

Bookmark   March 25, 2002 at 8:37PM
twelvepole

Termite treatment is best left to a licensed professional. It is worth the few extra dollars to have a professional so you can sleep at night knowing that your home, your major investment, is properly protected.

Bookmark   March 28, 2002 at 9:41PM
ChuckieC1998

I have used the Spectracide Terminate stakes for 3 years now and don't have any signs of active termite infestation. In addition, I do have a contract with a termite control company who does come out once/yr to inspect, as well. He wanted to sell me is baiting system for $600-$700 but I figure I can do that myself and let him worry about controlling any active infestations should I get any, but haven't had any in three years.

Bookmark   May 28, 2002 at 10:35AM
twelvepole

Research tends to show that termite treatment is best left to a professional. For the small annual fee that an exterminator charges you have peace of mind that your home will be insect free.

Bookmark   June 2, 2002 at 1:53AM
rfs1

Check with your insurance -- they might not cover termite damage unless you have inspection and treatment by a licensed exterminator.

Bookmark   June 3, 2002 at 12:02AM
More Discussions
Help my grout turned blue in spots from Comet
Hi Unfortunately I was trying to clean my new Bathroom...
scooper25
Bleach product discolored my kitchen countertop!
I used Clorox Cleanup in my kitchen to clean and disinfect....
Cyd1900
Bad contractor web site
is there a site to post contractor complaints on??? Just...
jimrac
Getting cat urine smell out of carpet...
What's the best way? Or what's the best thing to make...
nadastimer
Heating Oil Spill & Smell
So here is my issue. Currently under contract to purchase...
jemcdonald
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™