progressive dvd connected to plasma hdtv - pink picture

sconwayJuly 26, 2009

I decided to move my progressive Panasonic DVD-F61A player to my bedroom and connect it to my Panasonic Viera Plasma TV.

I connected my DVD player to my Plasma using component video cables but the picture is pink and green. I have tried 3 different component cables and the picture remains pink and green (it also shows as slpit screen on my tv). I also tried using regular composite cables - still the same problem. The sounds is ok and the dvd player plays the video. Only the picture is the problem. I am able to see cable tv ok.

I also changed the set up on the DVD player (very challenging since the picture is split and in bright pink and green!) and enabled progressive component video and adjusted the black lines to darker as specified in the manual.

I have tried everything I can (except HDMI cable since I own 3 high quality composite cables!). Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
regus_patoff

I don't know the answer, but HDMI (digital) is better than Composite (analog).

HDMI cables are only a few dollars on-line ...

Bookmark   July 26, 2009 at 6:58PM
joe_mn

pink/green sounds like setup issue. tv works but dvd does not so i vote for dvd player being the problem. have you tried another dvd player as a test on the bedroom tv?

Bookmark   July 27, 2009 at 10:24AM
electronicbase

I also beleive its in the setup of the dvd player. Try unhooking the player and bring it back to the original tv. I bet it wasn't using component cables , simply composite video. Go into the dvd menu and determine its video output-480i/480p/.
Using component video cables allow the dvd player to be in 480p and your picture should look proper.

PS- HDMI are not necessaryily better and dont come into play here.

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 5:45PM
netlos

sounds like you plugged the blue and green in the wrong input/output happens a lot!

Bookmark   August 1, 2009 at 10:59AM
sconway

electronicbase,

I think you are right. The video output is 480i and the plasma is 1080p. Could it be an incompatibility issue? Could it be that the progressive scan does not allow for the picture to be converted to 1080i/1080p?

Bookmark   August 5, 2009 at 6:55PM
More Discussions
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™