'builtgreen' qualified?

cindylou2006March 7, 2006

We are in building permit stage of building in the great Pacific NW and have been looking at the builtgreen.net website. Builtgreen qualified homes have really gained attention here and we're trying to decide whether to follow the checklists and become star qualified or to just pick those items that are important to us. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carajon

I have not heard of the builtgreen program, but it sounds interesting. Our new house will be energy star rated, which seems to be good for a number of reasons. The most obvious of course is that we have a more energy efficient house. There are also financial benefits, however. We are putting in pv, and get and extra $0.50/kWh grant from the state of NY if the house is energy star. Also, we can get a very low interest energy star mortgage.

Our builder had never done energy star certification before, but is was very easy for him to get qualified - he just had to fill out an application! He also gets some tax breaks I think, depending on what our HERS rating is in the end.

Good luck!

Bookmark   March 9, 2006 at 4:31PM
More Discussions
Anyone get SRECs for their solar panels
We've had solar panels installed and working for 3...
Annie Deighnaugh
Any solar panel experts here?
If so, I'd like to get a few minutes of your time on...
woohooman
Geothermal $6K per ton?
In my ongoing quest into the geothermal world, this...
cs6000
solar pods?? is it worth it?
first that I remember saw mentioned in "Farm Show"...
jeanwedding
Radon system
Can somebody tell me why there's condensation outside...
ahold
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™