Replacing a Japan power adapter with a UK one

ksantiJuly 5, 2007

Hopefully there are some electronics gurus out there ......

Got some multimedia speakers from tokyo recently ... and Im considering replacing the power adapter with an equivalent UK one for obvious reasons. Dont want to get converter and all that.

I've found an adaptor .... that matches ( except maybe on 3 below. as I dont know what this means really). But not sure whether I should give it ago ... dont want to blow my speakers just yet

tho my Voltage, Ampage and AC v DC knowledge is very limited.

All I know is the following:


1) Voltage 12V AC

2) Ampage : 1.2 A

3) Regulated v un regulated - some applicances required constant smooth Vs.

4) Plug : negative v postive centred ... this must be followed ... one particular wrong combo spells disaster

in trying to match the same output you can have some variances .... for

1) go down BUT not up ... and AC & DC do not mix.

2) go up .... down wont damage but wont power up the appliance

3) Unregulated appliance with a regulated adpator is fine. other way no good

Is this correct?

Should it be all fine to go ???? Whats put me off aswell is a sticker on the speakers with warnings ... I think to put off dummies like me. sommat like this is a US listed product for 100V use. Ignore it?



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

time to move down

    Bookmark   July 16, 2007 at 5:34AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
RCN Cable box question
I have a 55" LG LED tv. Its connected to an RCN...
previous post about 50ML8105D
My previous post about my Magnavox/Phillips 50"...
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™